Sunday, January 27, 2008

Photographic disappointments

I think that we've all had those weekends where you planned to do ALL sorts of stuff; get lots of errands done, make lots of cards for challenges, scrapbook lots of pages. Then Sunday night comes and you realize you accomplished about half (if you're lucky) of what you'd hoped to accomplish.

Such is my predicament this evening. I've only gotten 1 of the cards for challenges completed, that I'd hoped to make this weekend.


At Yahoogroups there is a monthly challenge in the Rangerinklink group. This month's challenge for the New Year was to try something new. So, I decided finally to play with the Perfect Pearls medium that Ranger markets. Since I'd never played with (or seen this product used), I thought I'd just do something simple.

I inked up the Inkadinkadoo harlequin stamp with the perfect medium that comes with the Perfect Pearls set and used the copper powder. I'd seen in a magazine or technique book that you could "edge" your card with the perfect medium and brush on the powder as well. (I've used gold leaf and silver leaf pens to edge before.) I'm thinking that I need to work with the Perfect Medium edging technique some more!!!
I then mounted my black harlequin cardstock to plain black cardstock to copper metallic cardstock. I die cut (Quickutz) the two hearts and the l-o-v-e letters. The die cuts were mounted with cut-up mini pop-dots.
I'm NOT at all pleased with the photo. Can you say TOO MUCH FLASH? (Said in her best Mr. Rogers' voice) But I shall continue to try to learn: 1.) how to play with Perfect Medium/Pearls and 2.) how to play with the new Canon camera. Momma said: practice makes perfect?
Thanks for looking.

No comments: