Sunday, June 14, 2009

MLSC #73 - dream

I've been looking at MaryJo's sketch all week........  what to do, what to do, what to do.........  I knew that I had the already stamped & embossed tree image and I knew that it worked well die cut into a round medallion.  I just didn't really have the crafting mojo going to know HOW to finish the design.

But luckily inspiration came through as it often does for me on the weekends and I now have this "dream" card.



The main medallion is the same stamp used in this post.  When I first purchased the stamp, I stamped and embossed it on both black and white cardstock.  (I had wanted to see how well the image embossed on the different background colors.)  I stamped "dream" on medium pewter ArtEmboss metal with Staz-on ink.  When I cut the circle with the nesties die, the metal got sorta wrinkled.  I kinda like it.  I layered it to a black piece of metallic ArtEmboss; the black scallop is a little darker black than the cardstock.  I like the contrast.

Materials: cardstock: black (Bazzill), metallic silver (stash--source unknown); pewter & black metal (ArtEmboss); stamps: Fantasy (Penny Black), Dream (Unity Stamp Co.); inks: black (Staz-On), distress embossing (Ranger); embossing powder: liquid platinum (Ranger); metallic star eyelets (Making Memories); dry embossing folder (Cuttlebug/ProvoCraft); circle & scallop dies (Nestabilities/Spellbinder); adhesives (Pioneer mounting tape, pop-dots).

Thanks for looking. 

2 comments:

Paula Barin said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

MJ said...

This is stunning! Great job. Thanks so much for playing along.