Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hero Arts monochromatic color challenge

This week at the Hero Arts blog they had lots of fun examples of monochromatic cards.  Since I've done several monochromatic cards in the past, making a card for this challenge was actually more of a challenge than I'd thought it would be.  What Hero Arts stamp(s) do I use??  What color scheme do I use?

While at the scrapbook store I found this paper by Graphic 45.  This paper was there, too.  So I picked up a piece of brown Bazzill and knew that I had found my color scheme.

The flower is a piece of Grungepaper from Ranger (edited: it's by Tim Holtz from Advantus).  I colored the background with Antique Linen distress ink, then stamped the Hero Arts flower in black ink and cut it out for the embellishment.  The other details are included below.

Materials: cardstock (Bazzill); designer paper (Graphic 45); grungepaper (Advantus); stamps (Hero Arts); ink: black (Colorbox), antique linen  & brushed corduroy distress inks (Ranger); brads: larger (Making Memories), smaller (Bazzill); ribbon (stash); adhesive: tape (Pioneer), pop-dots.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: