Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sympathy card. redux

When I cut the paper for this card, I originally had planned on making another card using the Weekend Sketch Challenge design used on Sunday.  I was going to make another square card but I messed up on the fold and ended up with 1 side about 1/4 inch shorter than the other. Okay..... so how do you fix that mistake?  Add a scalloped edge..... hmmm, so a scalloped edge didn't exactly work with the WSC design, so...... what do I do with a square card with a scalloped edge???


I really like the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set from Stampin' Up and thought I'd use this set to make a sympathy card.  Luckily I don't need a sympathy card at this time, but it never hurts to have one or two set aside.  

The images were colored with Marvy LePlume pens and were stamped on watercolor paper.

Materials used: kraft cardstock (stash), black cardstock (Bazzill), watercolor paper (Strathmore); pens (18 dark brown, 72 pine green -- Marvy Uchida); die punch (EK Success); dies (oval & scalloped oval -- Spellbinders); die cut machine (Cuttlebug); ribbon (stash); adhesive (Pioneer mounting tape, pop-dots -- mini & regular).

1 comment:

Diana said...

Love your blog. met you on Hero Arts