Wednesday, May 7, 2008

These colors don't run.....though the ink might

I've enjoyed looking at the Monday Lunchtime Sketch challenges posted at the Techno Stamper blog. I decided to try my hand at this week's fun little sketch.

I have a number of Die Cuts with a View paper packs that I had purchased for scrapbooking, but haven't been using. I had made a couple of cards for a magazine submission using some of these papers and knew that I had these colors available. As soon as I saw the sketch for this challenge, I knew that these two papers would work together perfectly. I'm not sure that the front of this isn't just a little too plain; I've thought about doing this again, but embossing the stamped image to make it "pop" more. We'll see how much time/motivation I have.

Materials: cardstock, designer paper: Die Cuts with a View; stamp: Hero Arts Clear Design July set; ink: weathered wood (Ranger distress ink); thread: Coats and Clark; adhesives: mono-multi (Tombow), mounting tape (Pioneer).

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

MJ said...

This is brilliant! What a great use of this sketch! I love this, thanks for playing.