Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birthday card with thanks to K.Werner

I've known since Friday afternoon that I needed to make a birthday card for a co-worker for tomorrow. So, of course, I wait until Sunday afternoon to get started on it. Lucky for me there's such a great number of designers with great blogs which one can case.

For this card I must credit Kristina Werner for a great (fairly simple) design which she posted on Friday, July 11 (link here). My version is a little more monochromatic, because I don't have as many fun papers as she does!

Since I wanted to get this done quickly, I used some Die Cuts With a View scalloped edge cardstock for the edge on the card. I used more of my favorite BoBunny designer cardstock for the squares. Since the paper is double-sided, I didn't have to worry about finding another paper that matched; I just used both sides of the 2 different BoBunny papers.

I'm not sure that I'm in love with that ribbon with these papers, but that's sometimes whatcha get when you wait until the last minute!

Materials: white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); pink scallops (Die Cuts with a View); designer cardstocks (BoBunny); ribbon (Michaels); adhesives: Uhu glue; inside card: Happy Birthday! rub-on (Making Memories).

Thanks again to Kristina and thanks to all for looking.

1 comment:

Deb Neerman said...

Love it! Great card!