Sunday, April 13, 2008

remembering.....


Our supervisor at work is leaving us to move to Ireland. How tough is that?!? Since I'm the unofficial card maker at work, I knew that I wanted to do something special not only for her going away card, but I also wanted to make a special gift for her from our office. She's an RN and all too often, nurses get little kitchy nursey gifts; and none of us wanted that.

Using PSE I took one of my squirrel pictures, enlarged it and cropped it down. The actual print is 4 x 6 inches. I got a pre-cut mat to fit a 5 x 7 inch frame. Since I wanted more of the emphasis on the picture than on the matting/framing, I kept everything black. But I wanted something more, so I went through my old Making Memories rub-ons, until I found just the ONE!
For those who are still reading and wondering WHY a picture of a squirrel? Carolyn started feeding the squirrels that live around our little office/house last year when she first came to work with us. She's infected me with the feed the squirrel bug. So this is a memory that's important to me and I like to think for her, too.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: