Sunday, July 6, 2008

Welcome, baby boy

Once again I'm trying to pay attention to my poor, neglected blog.

I've done a little bit of crafting/cardmaking in the last 2 weeks, but not much. My muse took a hike. But getting pictures from a dear friend of her new little boy helped to jump start the old mojo once again.

The design for this card is lifted from a design by Abby Schultz, as seen in the CARDS magazine for May, 2008.

I took her basic design and modified for the materials, which I had on hand. Since I wanted to get this card made and in the mail quickly, I made it without stamping.

Materials: white cardstock (Bazzill); dark green behind button & heart (Deja Views); baby boy designer paper (Me & My Big Ideas); blue/green/orange grid paper for heart shape (Deja Views); button (Foof-a-la); adhesives: Crafters Choice, Pioneer mounting tape, Diamond Glaze; grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); embroidery thread (DMC).

There's a few challenges this week that I may try my hand at; hopefully I'll be posting more frequently. Thanks for taking a look at this card today.

No comments: