Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend Sketch Challenge #82

It's been awhile since I've done a Weekend Sketch Challenge.  This one was fun and relatively fast for me, since I'd already stamped and matted the main image.

I had found the main stamp at Hobby Lobby 2 weeks ago and was enchanted with it.  It's named Fantasy from Penny Black; how could one be anything be enchanted???  As soon as I got it I started playing around embossing it on cardstock; first white, then black.  Both came out very nice.  But what to do with the embossed images?  


The sentiment is straight out of Lord of the Rings; it's the second line of the poem: The Riddle of Strider, written by Bilbo Baggins about Aragorn.  I printed it on photo paper and attached the star eyelet to match the sketch design.

Materials: white cardstock (Georgia Pacific), silver (Bazzill Bling); stamps: fantasy (Penny Black), swirl (Stampin' Up); ink: Tim Holtz distress embossing ink, eggplant (Colorbox); embossing powder: clear (Stamp-n Stuff), liquid platinum (Ranger); die cuts: Nestabilities; ribbon: Joanns; star eyelet (Making Memories); adhesive: Xyron, Pioneer mounting tape, mini pop-dots; corner rounder.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a COOL card!! I love it!

K