Friday, February 15, 2008

Grunge Kitty

Each month the RangerInkLink group at Yahoogroups has a challenge. This month's challenge revolved around Furry Friends.

I've been a "cat" person most of my life; and even though I currently own a feathered biped (as my DH refers to the cockatiel), my first thought for a "furry" challenge was a kitty project.
I really liked all the techniques that Tim Holtz posted in December, 2007 at his blog. I used the technique for weathered wood from Day 8 to create the background on this tag. I hand drew (if you want to use that word) the kitty paws, 'cause I just couldn't justify purchasing the stamp that I wanted at Michaels (even with the 40% coupon hole in my pocket). The triangle stamp is an old Judikins stamp; since I unmounted several of my old stamps years ago, I don't know the name on the stamp. The kitty face is Rubber Stampede; likewise nameless. The kitty paws and the triangle stamp were all embossed with black opaque embossing powder. The word CAT is grungeboard, inked with black soot.
Supplies: Lake Mist paint dabber, weathered wood distress ink, frayed burlap distress ink, black soot distress ink, distress ink embossing ink, ZIG emboss writer embossing pen, Stamp-n Stuff midnight black opaque embossing powder, brown fiber (maybe EK Success).
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Crissi Harvey said...

lovely tag love the paws