Monday, February 25, 2008

Thanks poster

I've not had a lot of time to do my personal crafts in the last couple of days. On Saturday AM we had the March of Dimes garage sale and in the afternoon I had all of the usual weekend stuff: grocery shopping, etc.

So I thought I'd show the BIG card that I've been working on for work.

Our case management agency is affiliated with the local hospital. Each Christmas the different floors at the hospital sponsor some of our families, who might not otherwise have a Merry Christmas.

My supervisor asked me a couple of weeks ago to make a poster which we could display at the hospital to say thanks. This is my creation.

Looking at the photo, objectively, my own first impression is: wow!!! Busy!!! I don't think it looks that overwhelming in real life. I included ALL the thank you cards (more so than pictures), because the words are very moving. When I read them for the first time, I had tears in my eyes. And I wanted to display them in such a way, that hospital staff could actually read what these grateful people had said.

All of the letters and tree decorations were cut with the Cricut. The letter font is Base Camp; the Merry Christmas is from the Beyond Birthdays cartridge; the Christmas tree and presents are from Christmas Cheer. The white paper is Georgia Pacific; the red and green are from Michael's; the yellow is Bazzill. I used Tombo Multi adhesive and I plan to add some kind of Christmas sticker (or something) to cover up the extra adhesive that leaked out from under the K in thanks. (Boy, does that look SHINY in the photo!!!)

Thanks for looking.

No comments: