Monday, February 4, 2008

More Valentine's inspiration

So, I was in Michaels last week. With a 40% off coupon burning a whole in my pocket. You know how that is, yes? And I saw this.......

And I could just SEE all the possibilities that this stamped image could give me: tone on tone, embossed, etc. I don't think that I've had that sense of INSPIRATION at first glance before. So I came up with this.....


Supplies: red, white, pink cardstock (source unknown); Open Swirl Heart from Rubber Stampede; Distress Ink clear embossing ink; Colorbox red ink; both embossed with Ranger clear embossing powder; Love ribbon (Michaels from a year or 2 ago).

Thanks again for looking.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is so lovely. Fantastic work.

Anonymous said...

What a great creation ... love the repeating hearts and that ribbon is perfect.

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh! LOVE IT!!!

...and you know, when one HAS a 40% off coupon...it's FISCALLY IRRESPONSIBLE not to use it!!! ;)

Alhambra Club said...

Love your card, that stamp is great, and that ribbon with the love, what a find.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

It is always so fun to see someone do a card using just ONE image!!! Well done!