Sunday, March 2, 2008

Last minute Thanks card

Isn't it always the case that when you need a card, you don't have one already made?

This AM before church my husband reminded me that I needed a thank you card for a sister at church who'd given me a very belated Christmas present. And of course I knew that I didn't have any completed cards. So I checked in my card file and found this incomplete embossed panel.

I had made this particular panel months ago when I first got my Cuttlebug and was playing with my first embossing folders. I had embossed this panel, attached to a plain white card and promptly filed it away.

So this AM in desperation I quickly cut cut out a strip of white cardstock, applied a Bo-Bunny rub-on and wrote a quick note of thanks inside and called it done.

Not beautiful, but done. And it makes me resolve to make more general use cards (like thanks and sympathy) for some of the card challenges in which I want to participate. May as well be practical, as well as creative.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: