Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Little Lamb

The challenge this month at the RangerInkLink group at Yahoo groups was entitled Snap, Crackle and Pop. A variety of different crackle products were suggested for projects. Of the products listed I only have a couple of colors of distress crackle paint. So, right from the get-go, I knew that I didn't need to stress too much about WHICH product to use.


But from there, I didn't really know too much what I wanted to do, except that this seemed like a really great opportunity to play with a product that I've really not used too often previously. So, with PLAY in mind, I pulled out some of the Tim Holtz Grungeboard which I've had for awhile and used a couple of my old Sizzix steel rule dies to cut out some shapes to paint with the crackle paint. (I now have, in addition to this complete project, a couple of primitive hearts painted in red.)


I painted the die cuts last night, left them to dry overnight and decided that in the morning I could figure out what I could do with the finished products. What I found this AM, exceeded my highest hopes. I really like the look of this little lamb.

To give the face and ear more definition, I cut a second face and ear from grungeboard and colored them black with my black calligraphy pen. I colored the feet with the same pen, but didn't bother to die cut more feet; I just colored over the crackle paint.

Once my little lamb was finished, the rest of this card came together quite quickly. I like the neutral monotone look of this card. It will be a nice card to have in the stockpile for that baby shower that you have to attend, where the baby's gender is unknown.

Materials: cardstock: unknown (stash); designer paper: Masterpiece Studios; grungeboard: Advantus/Ideo-logy; crackle paint and distress ink (antique linen): Ranger; grosgrain ribbon: unknown (stash); calligraphy marker: Marvy Uchida; white ink pen: Signo; adhesives: Pioneer mounting tape and Crafter's Pick The Ultimate Glue.

As always, thanks for looking.




No comments: