Sunday, June 15, 2008

WSC #52 - Boo!

Once again it's Sunday and time to post my card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, before the thunderstorms arrive and keep me offline.


I thought this was a fun sketch and I liked the examples that were presented using this design. I especially liked those cards which kept it simple. I think I'm in a simple mood this weekend.

But I didn't want the card to be too plain, so as well as using the 2 designer papers and the main stamped image, I decided that I wanted to try some tone-on-tone on this card.

I stamped the BOO! on the black cardstock with clear embossing ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. The flash on the camera REALLY made the embossing SHINE! It's really more subtle in real life.

Materials: cardbase: Georgia Pacific cardstock; black & purple cardstocks, orange designer paper: Die Cuts with a View; purple designer paper: Karen Foster; purple ink: Colorbox; clear embossing ink: Ranger; clear embossing powder: Stampendous; Happy Halloween stamp: All Night Media; BOO! stamp: Rubber Stampede; brad: Around the Block; adhesives: Pioneer mounting tape.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: