Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jingle Bells - clean and simple version

Another card from the paper stash -- and look, Mom, no stamping!!  I loved this designer paper when I saw it in the scrapbook store and knew that I wanted to use it to make a card for Christmas.  I tore the paper with my Plaid paper tearing ruler and inked the edges with distress ink to both age it and to cover over the white paper core.
 

The tree embellishment was silver-toned and I knew that that wouldn't do with the color scheme for this card.  So I heat embossed it and decorated it with Stickles.  I tied the tree to the ribbon with brown jute thread.

Materials: cardstock base (Bazzill); designer paper (Flair Designs); tree embellishment (Making Memories); clear embossing ink (Ranger); antique linen distress ink (Ranger); evergreen embossing powder (Ranger); Xmas Red Stickles (Ranger); sheer ribbon & brown jute (stash); adhesive (Pioneer mounting tape).

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome...want...that...paper!
So pretty esp. with no stamping!