Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Sketch Challenge #94

More Christmas paper  and embellishments used; another card challenge attempted.

This time it's Beate's WSC.  I have some miscellaneous Christmas papers that don't necessarily "go" together.  Since I'm wanting to reduce the amount of accumulated "stuff" that I have, since I'm also trying to be more frugal and since this is a challenge, I'm trying to find ways to "put stuff together".

I have some lovely Basic Grey paper pretty close in color to the beige in these two designer papers, but with most of my crafting papers still packed up, I have NO idea where those BG papers are right now.  So I "made" a paper close to what I wanted by stamping the flourish image on white Stampin' Up cardstock and then sponging Antique Linen distress ink all over the white cardstock to make a beige.  When I found that I liked the result on the flourish element, I did the same for the sentiment panel.  A complete list of materials used can be found below the photo.


Materials: green cardstock base & red cardstock (Bazzill), white cardstock (Stampin' Up); designer papers: green (Paper Pizazz), red (SandyLion); stamps (Autumn leaves); ink: Versafine Sepia (Tsukineko), Antique Linen distress (Ranger); (poinsettia (Making Memories); adhesives: Pioneer mounting tape & mini-popdots.

As always, thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Love your take on the sketch challenge...all those flourishes remind me of mine collecting dust!

Beate said...

Wonderful Christmas card. I love the rich colors you chose and the flower embellishments.
Thank you so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles