Sunday, August 30, 2009

Too clean & simple? -- A clean & graphic challenge

I wanted to make another card for the Moxie Fab World card challenges from this last week.  I thought that I would try my hand at:  Stretch Your Holiday Style: A Clean & Graphic Challenge!


But in looking at the completed card, it looks TOO simple with the elements just hanging there. I had fun paper-piecing the turkey, but.....I'm thinking that the elements look "un-grounded".  I'm posting this as a work in progress.  I'm going to think on it and see if I can improve the design before I upload a finished card to the card challenge site.

Materials: card stock (Bazzill); designer paper (The Fall Stack - Die Cuts with a View); stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms); ink (walnut stain distress ink - Ranger); ribbon (Michaels); adhesives (Mono-Multi & mini pop-dots). 

Thanks for looking.

No comments: