Sunday, August 30, 2009

Seasons Greetings -- Shabby Chic Challenge

At the Moxie Fab World blog this week there are a number of card-making challenges; I thought that I'd enter this card for the Stretch Your Holiday Style: A Vintage & Shabby Chic Challenge!

This is another made from stash card -- simple, frugal!!  The list of relevant materials follows. As I did in last weekend's WSC card, I tinted white card stock beige for the sentiment oval, with Ranger ink.  I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment and edged both the designer paper and the oval with that ink to "age" 'em a little.

My one design question on this card: does the pine tree need Stickles like the Christmas tree in my last post???  I can't tell if it's just supposed to be a plain pine or a Charley Brown scraggley Christmas tree.  

Materials: card stock (brown-Bazzill; white-Stampin' Up); designer paper (Flair Designs); stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms); ink (antique linen distress ink - Ranger); ribbon (Michaels); pine tree (Jolee's); die cut machine (Cuttlebug); dies (Nestabilities); adhesive (Pioneer mounting tape & mini pop-dots).

As always, thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Thanks for posting this to the challenge, Margaret!

Rachele Funk said...

We really do have to get together to stamp sometime! I didn't even know you had a blog!!!

I am finally recovered. I was sick from Thanksgiving until about Friday of last week. . . I had no voice for 4 days and then ended up with an ear infection! I'll tell you!

Merry Christmas Margaret!

Leanne said...

Absolutely LOVE this card - my only regret is that I didn't find you sooner! ;) I stubbled upon you from Stacy Julian's blog, and love your designs! The music sheets warm my heart (love the next Jingle Bells one, too!) I'll have to store this away for next year! Happy cardmaking!